Friday, December 18, 2009



It is raining today. Again. Georgia has seen rain like it hasn't seen in a century this year. Hurray for lakes, crops, and the governor, who prayed for it on TV. Boo for people who live on a river, have to work outside, and (like me) have roofs that are in need of repair.
Today I learned when your car's roof leaks, it can make you almost as mad as when your house's roof leaks. Almost. I had Christmas gifts back there! The leak is not near the sunroof. It's in the back of the car. I suppose this is due to the 10 years that my BMW has lived outside.
When I bought this car 4 years old, I was aware that it had never been garage kept. That was fine. They didn't issue private garages with Auburn University dorm rooms, where I was living at the time, either. Then, after a series of apartment parking lots through the years, my car ended up living under a huge oak tree at the house we lived when we first got married. That's why it looks like it has hail damage when in fact, it doesn't. It has nut damage. Damn trees.
I believe that after all of that exposure to the elements, (hot Georgia sun, cold, nuts maybe) the seams in my roof are just deteriorating. So there is a puddle in my car.
And also, this may not be a new lesson, but it's something that seems to be reiterated over and over again in our marriage: Date Night is great. Even if it's at home. Here is tonight's date: grill steaks in the rain, eat in the dining room on Christmas china, and watch "A Christmas Story" while we wrap presents for our family by the fire and the Christmas tree. Yet another reason why I love being married.

So: Puddle in the car due to poor car-keeping. Date Night is great. I think I mentioned in my last post that I don't have a whole lot going on...
Stef

No comments:

Post a Comment