Wednesday, July 21, 2010



So I haven't posted in 5 months. My, how life has changed!!! I had my first child! I wish I could write everything, but that would take days and days of typing, and all I have is nap time. So I will summarize as best I can:

To give you an idea of how I felt after the amazing, perfect birth of my precious child, here is an excerpt from my journal, written just a day after I got home from the hospital:

I am the happiest person in the entire world! It doesn't get any better than this. I gave birth to my son, Thomas Preston Warren, at 7:12 pm on Tuesday, Feb. 9 2010. It was the best day of my life! It was the longest day of my life. As I write this, my sweet husband is sleeping next to me on the bed with my son asleep on his chest, skin to skin, with a little white blanket with little blue elephants on top of both of them. Luna is asleep on the floor right next to them. I have a family. A perfect, wonderful family. I look at my baby and I feel like I could burst into a thousand pieces. I try to pray and thank God, but I don't have the words to express my gratitude. There aren't' any words big and beautiful enough to describe my blessings, and I don't know what I have done to deserve this. God help me! I could DIE of happiness! I get to keep him. He's mine.

I think I had the opposite of post-pardum depression. I had post-pardum euphoria. And it hasn't worn off yet. These 5 months have been incredible. Here are a few of my favorite pictures since day one:
Going home!


Daddy's favorite.



Perfect


2 weeks old


about 3 weeks old


1 month old


2 months


Under his "circus"


Easter


3 months


Cutie Man!


Dr. Gil baptizing him


Bath time!


He loves that baby in the mirror...


4 and a half months.... and standing in his crib (I'm in trouble)




Almost 5 months and sitting by himself


First vacation to the lake in Michigan!



Isn't he beautiful?

2 comments:

  1. I am all teary looking through photos of Preston's little life! He is such a beautiful and precious little thing- LOVE this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Stef, what a beautiful post! I loved your "new Mommy" sentiments...so sweet. I don't know how you ever chose the photos to use for this, because there are so many that are too adorable for words:)
    Please keep posting.........

    ReplyDelete